A Brief Note

…in which to say, I am in love. With the sound of bugs thick around me. With being able to walk in my yard in the morning. With Zack’s sweet face staring up at me from the swimming pool.

I have so much joy. And YES, so much chaos!!

The balance between routine and discovery in life is so damn hard to find. But i am one-hundred percent in discovery mode. And will write more (and post pictures) when I come down somewhat to earth.

Whooo-whoooooo! The sound of a train whistle lows in the distance, echoing off the Hudson River.

This entry was posted in gratitude, starting over, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to A Brief Note

So happy for you, Stacy. Soak it all up, every last bit of it.

I am in love with the sound of trains in the distance. I had them growing up in Iowa and in college, then I lost them in Chicago and Kansas City, MO. Now I have one again, and I love it.

3. mona says:

I love the sound of trains, too. I think because I am from such a small island that these sounds of life and transportation and movement are huge signs I’m in somewhere new, where something is always happening.

Mona, I bet! I also think there’s something awesomely human about it — there’s a person in that big, lumbering train, watching the world go by. Happy to see you here! xo

4. Naomi says:

Discovery seems to also equal = recovery. So happy for you!

5. Sherry says:

Beautiful, Stacy. I share your joy, in my own way, too. And it is soul-filling.

6. Olivia says:

I, too, love the sound of the trains in the distance. I’m the editor of a local magazine and have been following your work for several years now and I’m delighted to find that we are now neighbors. I’d love to touch base with you when you have a moment.

7. D. A. Wolf says:

I’m so thrilled for you both that you’re loving your new environment! And train sounds are somehow soooo romantic. They let loose the imagination in the loveliest way.